Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rescue Me

Ok...finally my first scrapbooking page posted to my blog. I made it for my mother-in-law as a guide for the furbabies when she babysits them for me in three weeks. They are ALL rescues. Some have better back stories than others, but they are all family. The kitties are going to be a constant theme in my scrapbooking so this is like their introduction. I'm not a crazy cat lady...it just happened...darn bleeding heart.

The first five I had before I got married (and I call the Fab Five) and they came from the Humane Society. My husband had the next two, Coco and Shadow, before we got married and they were rescued off the street. The next three orange ones, Morris, Allie (Alanis) and Bruce, "came with our house." They were "neighborhood" cats that I started taking care of and after an incident, I took inside permanently. Nizzle, the fluffy, black kitty was the only kitten we could save from a litter from another cat on our street last July. The next five babies are also from the same mama that I finally got off the street. I couldn't save her, but she had six beautiful babies that I could save. I managed to adopt out only one to a new home, but despite their constant insanity, they always make me laugh. The last one, Geordi, was living in the weeds in my backyard and after a week of looking for his owner, I got him fixed and he's been here ever since. 

To scrapbook this, I used Rescue Me by Trixie Scraps Designs. I love her kits; she is one of my favorite digital scrapbooking designers. I found her site through Google while looking for a kitty related kit and hers was my favorite...then I bought a bunch of other kits too LOL. I used an Instagram template from Connie Price since it had so many photos available here: InstaTemp Vol 1.

This is only the ninth page I've ever digitally scrapbooked so go easy on me; I'm still getting the hang of it.


Ok...now I must get packed for Michigan tomorrow. Happy scrapping everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment