Monday, June 11, 2012

My first speed scrap

I participated in my first speed scrap last Thursday. I think my page turned out ok. I think I took the directions too literal though because my page was pretty boring compared to some of the pages that were posted. Of course I used Rescue Me by Trixie Scraps again since it's my favorite kit and the speed scrap was hosted by her.

These were the directions:
Step 1: Choose at least 3 background papers and stack them.
Step 2: Choose 3 photos from the same event or day and place your photos in a straight line.
Step 3: Add a frame to one of the photos.
Step 4: Use 5 of any of the following: flowers, ribbons, strings, stars or scatters.
Step 5: Add a journal box and write at least 3 sentences about the day/photos used.
Step 6: Add a large title to your page.
Step 7: Add a date tag to your layout and rock your shadows.

I found some cute pictures of the kitties playing with their scratchy post ramp and used those. I think I spend more time deciding what pictures to use than I do putting the layouts together. So here is my finished page:

My page pales in comparison to the other ones posted, but it was neat to see all the different pages. I would like to think that I'm learning how to do this better and create fancier layouts. I suck at the clustering. I need to get out of the mindset that "less is more" because some people create crazy clusters that look awesome or know how to use that one element that is so perfect and ties the whole page together. I will get halfway through a page and then I just can't seem to get the colors the way I want them and it all falls apart and I start over. Hopefully my mind's eye will get a little better and I will quit doing double work. :) I like the idea of a speed scrap though because it forces you to FINISH the page. Just do it; quit over thinking it and messing with it. So that's enough babbling from this newb. I wanted to at least post my page before it was "old news."

No comments:

Post a Comment