First the speed scrap on July 3. These were the instructions:
Step 1: Choose the kit you want to use and choose 1 photo that makes you laugh. Size it to at least 3"x3" (larger is ok, too) - but make sure it is square.
Step 2: Choose 3 background papers: 1 solid, 1 pattern and 1 of your choice. Arrange them as you like. Place your photo in the center of the page.
Step 3: Add a pre-made frame from your kit or make one out of papers or elements in the kit.
Step 4: Add at least 5 elements around the photo. You can use as many elements as you like but they must be touching or be near the photo.
Step 5: Title your page above the photo. You can use alphas, wordart or multiple fonts.
Step 6: Add a journal box below the photo and add more elements like ribbons or paper strips under the journal box. Add journaling about why this photo makes you laugh. Why is it funny, who is it, what is it, when did it happen, etc.
Step 7: Add a date tag if you know the date of the photo or add the person's name in a tag somewhere on the page. If you already did this in the title you may skip the 1st part of this step. Now, rock your shadows and finish your layout.
I chose a fun picture from Disneyland with my favorite Goofy! We both flipped up our ears (I had the Goofy ears headband (: ) and I am totally laughing in the photo. I used Sunshine Day again because the colors perfectly matched the Goofy they have in California Adventure. The wordart was the only part that wasn't from Trixie Scraps. It actually came from Natalie's Place Designs. She has an awesome kit I will eventually get called Well, Whattaya Know! that is all Goofy and all awesome. The wordart was a freebie from the end of the post. I linked if you want it as well. :) The colors in the Word Art matched my layout so nicely. I was pleasantly surprised how nice this page turned out. That's the glory of the speed scrap!

The template challenge was July 5th, but I didn't finish the page until July 9th. At first I thought I didn't have any photos that would work for the template but then I remembered some photos I took with Bumblebee laying on my lap on his back when the kittens were still quarantined in their own room and how adorable he was. I had to use a somewhat blurry photo to use all the photo spots (I could have used a paper and journaled, but journaling is not my favorite...) but I am really happy with this page. I used Siblings are Forever for most of the layout, but was stumped about what I wanted to use to "hang" the photos. The example on the blog was so cool; it had ribbons that were tweaked to look like they were actually holding the weight of the photos. I'm not that cool and don't know how to do that (yet) so I was browsing some of my other Trixie Scrap kits for inspiration and I found a hanging frame on chains in Love of a Lifetime that I just erased the frame part off. It also had a ric rac ribbon that I used as a mask for the Siblings glitter paper and the page turned out mostly how my mind's eye wanted it. I switched the papers around many times before finalizing it, but I wanted it mostly blue/cream.

The last page I just finished yesterday; partly because that was the deadline to enter a drawing for a $10 gift certificate to the Aprilisa Designs store with Gotta Pixel and partly because it took me awhile to decide what photos to use. The kit I used was a daily download mini kit called Built Boy Tough that is only available now to Pixel Club members. I had signed up for a year membership when it was on sale and then a couple days later they said they were ending the lifetime membership by the end of the week. I contacted Gotta Pixel to see if what I paid could be applied toward the lifetime membership I just bought. They said yes so I pondered it a couple days and decided that since Gotta Pixel has most of my favorite designers, I would take the plunge. The members only section has so much neat stuff and you don't have to wait for the daily downloads; I don't regret my decision. But anyway, Aprilisa Designs was the featured designer the first part of July and if you made a layout with Aprilisa products, uploaded it to her gallery and posted it in a specific thread, you get entered into a drawing for $10. I used a template from Colie's Corner Best Summer Ever Template pack to start. I decided on some fun pictures of Shiz playing with this funky purple grinning dog (that is actually a cat toy) at the very top of the cat condo 7ft in the air! The finishing touch, the playtime word art, is from Word Art World by Jennifer and is part of her weekly freebie this week (you have to sign up for Gotta Pixel first and then can download it for free).

Laurie's Scraps and Designs is the featured designer now on Gotta Pixel and is having the same drawing as Aprilisa Designs. You will be seeing a layout done with Little Stinker and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment