I have a whopping four layouts to post today! I think this is the most I've done in a month-7!! Of course, it helps that I didn't work much overtime this month.
The first layout I created was part of Gotta Pixel's Use the Prompt Challenge. Week 27 was: through the window I saw.... As soon as I read that I remembered a picture of poor Geordi, the first day he introduced himself to me in my backyard and then tried to follow me inside. He's very happy now living with every comfort; a/c, soft beds and all the toys he could ever want. The kittens even play with him now. I used Trixie Scraps-Love of a Lifetime kit and a template from Connie Prince-The Big Picture Vol 1.
The second layout was part of Gotta Pixel's Use the Font Fever Challenge. I scrapped some pictures from our Anaheim road trip with Bruce the Bear around The Big A. He's behind the baseball in Mickey's hand, he's just little so it's hard to see him. I used Trixie Scraps-Sunshine Day kit and a template from Connie Prince-Away We Go.The third layout I created was for Laurie's Scraps gallery to be entered to win $10 to her store at Gotta Pixel. I used the Little Stinker kit and Template Set 17; both from Laurie's Scraps and Designs. I scrapped LJ playing with the squeaky walrus dog toy (don't tell her it's for dogs! LOL). I thought I liked the page, but when I finished it, I didn't. It's all cute when you're viewing the page when it's small, but I realized that if I printed it out, I would have a gigantic 12x6 picture of LJ overwhelming the page. I think I may redo this page later with a smaller picture.
The last layout I created was for the Word Art Challenge at Gotta Pixel. We were given three word arts and instructed to use the word art to create a new paper. The options were BBQ, Celebrate and Summer. I chose Celebrate and decided to scrap some of my ASU graduation pictures. The word art is from Word Art World, the black embossed paper is from Trixie Scraps-Black Tie Event, the template is Templistic-Wonder from A+ Designs and the kit is A New Day from LauraMarie Scraps (no link because I guess she doesn't exist anymore). I used that kit since it was so close to ASU's colors. I think it turned out ok. :)
At least this time Trixie Scraps didn't overrun the blog, but she IS having a Speed Scrap tomorrow so there will be more with her stuff in the next blog! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment