Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My second (completed) speed scrap and learning a new technique...

I participated in my third speed scrap with Trixie Scraps Designs on her Facebook page and actually completed the layout this time. I ran out of time on the last one so this is my second completed speed scrap layout. Here were the steps we had to follow:

Step 1: Choose 3 photos for your page. One should be a larger focal photo converted to black and white. Arrange your focal photo in one corner of the page and put the other 2 photos clustered together in an opposite corner of the page.

Step 2: Choose 2 background papers, 1 solid and 1 pattern or cardstock. Arrange them as you like.

Step 3: Add a frame to the focal photo.

Step 4: Add at least 3 elements around the focal photo and 5 elements near/around/under/over your 2 clustered photos.

Step 5: Title your page near the focal photo. You can use alphas, word art or a font.

Step 6: Add a rectangular journal box next to the 2 clustered photos. Fill in your journaling.

Step 7: Throw out 1 step that is just not working for you and do something on your own. Now, rock your shadows and finish your layout. 

I chose to throw step 6 since I hate journaling for some reason. I don't know why. I guess I think the title says it all. *shrug* I used a newer kit from Trixie Scraps called Sunshine Day for the layout and the title I made using the alpha from Fishy Friends. I used a template freebie from Trixie Scraps too called Day of Grace. My second layout I made over the weekend was for a Prompt Challenge with Gotta Pixel. This is my favorite digital scrapbooking store. It has Trixie Scraps (of course) but many other designers I really like. There's a daily download to get a free mini kit and other freebies available on the site. The Prompt Challenge has a different prompt every week of the year to get you thinking about what you want to scrap. Week 25 was Father. Since I spent Father's Day weekend with my dad in Anaheim on a road trip with the Diamondbacks, I thought I would scrap a couple of those photos. I decided on some that were taken when we took the stadium tour. I used Baseball Star by Lindsay Jane Designs (I know, finally another designer right???). Trixie Scraps (there I go again with TS...I can't help it, she's my fave) had a Challenge Thursday a couple weeks back to learn a new technique-blending your photo with your background paper. I had the post open in my browser for a week and also the tutorial on how to do it open in another tab, but just didn't have time to get the challenge done. I decided to try it for the Prompt Challenge and I think it turned out pretty neat. To start, I used a template from Amber Shaw and tweaked it bit to fit what I wantedAll in all, a successful scrapping week. 2 layouts is alot for me LOL. 


No comments:

Post a Comment